Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Oh, Maryland. How You Toy With My Emotions.

I just got back from Maryland's 75-74 defeat over the College of Charleston and I don't know what to make of it. On one hand, we played semi-poorly and went down to the wire against a team from the Southern Conference but on the other hand, we just proved resilient against a Bobby Cremins-coached team that beat then-ranked #9 UNC last year. We started off sloppy ... again. We need to cut down on turnovers, especially those caused by our point guards picking up their dribble and forcing it in to Jordan Williams. And then there's free throw shooting. 5-18 in this game. That's right, 5-18. This is one of those occasions where it is actually apt to say that, "I could make more than that with a blindfold on." I thought that free throw shooting would be a non-issue this year. But, the more I thought about it, I realized that losing Vasquez and Hayes (Two 90% or better free throw shooters) can take a toll in that category. I know Gary will have them working on that, so I will let that be for now. Then again, it was nice to se Pe'Shon step up at the end. I'm sure the play was supposed to go to JWill, but if it goes in, it goes in. We have a few more (hopefully) easy tests before heading up to the Madison Square Garden. Hopefully we can get those wins, work on improving every game, and beat Pitt in a week or so. Man, I was not expecting that this early. I guess this is one way to get me ready for ACC season.

No comments:

Post a Comment